Friday, June 27, 2008

Day 26 – From Great Bend, Kansas to McPherson, Kansas – 65 miles

Today was a great day! We finally had some rolling hills, though small, which I appreciated since I could finally shift a little! I rode by myself today – taking breaks in towns and talking to locals – it was a short day and I knew I had plenty of time. Despite all my breaks, I was still in by 12 noon and heard there was a water park in this town and it was only about a little over a mile away! I perked up and was excited to go and so was Skip so 30 minutes later, we headed to the water park on our bikes with glee in our eyes! The waterpark was amazing – lap swimming (I got in a few laps – it was a 50m pool!), huge slide, lazy pool, diving board, lots of places to lay out in the shade – we spent the whole afternoon there, enjoying the cool water, the only local hangout, and just chatting and relaxing by the pool. We also discussed other riding trips we want to do so we hope to get that organized on this trip – a trip down the Cali coast and a trip through Bryce, Zion, and the Grand Canyon – two trips I won’t miss! I couldn’t have asked for a better day. It was just what a needed – something different with some great company! You can see from my tan lines that there is a lot of sun out here! It is HOT HOT HOT!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Aud,
I did 9:30's yesterday!!!
It was a great run. Next week I have the firecracker run!! Hard to believe it's the beginning of July.
Grace called yesterday. She arrived at her family's house in Cognac. She sounded tired but has 2 rest days. You know how we love those rest days. Anyway I am on a new project!!!
Today I am going up with Lori to Santa Rosa to check out the Barb's 1/2 iron course. We will stay at her sister's and do parts of the course. The dammed up the Russian River so we will get a chance to swim it.

Unknown said...

So good to chat. Sorry it was cut short. We will continue the conversation soon. I just received an email from Sara and she wanted you to read her blog. Here it is http://suterfamily.wordpress.com/

Stay well. Have a great weekend.
Michelle

Unknown said...

Audrey- wow the tan lines are striking- you look like chocolate vanilla bar! I've enjoyed reading your blog. Hows the meditation practice going....? Yea, me too.
Hugs, Leslie