Friday, June 20, 2008

Day 20 - Sick Day in Pueblo, Colorado

Well I did want to be better this morning but didn't have the energy to even get dressed, nevertheless, to ride. So, I took the day off. Of all the days to get sick, this was a good day. Normally, if you are sick, you hang out in the Sag Wagon for the day, until mid-afternoon, when the vans get to the hotel. Today, there were 4 of us out sick and several sickies were back to riding - they drove us straight from the hotel to the next hotel and my room was ready so I was back in bed by 9:30am. Truly great! I was able to sleep most of today and will continue to sleep the rest of the day. I have been able to keep all my food down, though only mild breads or crackers work in my stomach - everything else isn't appetizing. I am not hungry yet but am nibbling on a few things in order to give myself some energy to recover. Luckily, tomorrow is a rest day so I can sleep all day and hopefully be well in time for riding out of Pueblo. I am in pretty good spirits, given that I wanted to ride every fantastic inch and now I won't - however, I am more interested in getting better than riding everything. I have been enjoying getting rest and praying for a speedy recovery and continued good spirits. I am glad that I am one of many who got sick so I dont feel totally alone in the sickness.

So, today wasn't one of my fantastic days with some great recording of scenary and a great ride - instead it was a great day for recovery and rest from illness - so, in that, it was great! And riding will still be there when I get better! Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers! Thanks to all of you who have commented and continue to comment - it means more than you know! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am proud of you for taking a break (even if it wasn't totally your choice)!! Good for you! I think that it makes you a stronger person that you are caring for yourself rather than pushing yourself beyond your body's limits. Well, I am here, praying for you!!!
Love,
Beck

Unknown said...

Hi Audrey,

Just want you to know that I'm praying for you.

Love,
Denise